The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Young Sheldon Episodic Errors

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED FOR ALL MY ENTRIES. Now, this is a hot wet mess. In the 3rd season episode, where Young Sheldon is coached to fake having a cold to avoid a gym swimming test. (My schools never had pools.) He was told by Georgie to not elevate the thermometer using hot tea. Yet, Sheldon forgot(?) this later in life with Leonard, when Old Sheldon elevated his thermometer to unbelievable heights.  . That's a hot one.  This burns me up. Sheldon does not forget. Later, in the same episode,  Young Sheldon believes he passed on the cold to the entire student body, as confirmed by Old Sheldon.. This seems unlikely, because any Sheldon does not touch others. It was more likely that his neighbor, Billy Sparks, did the deed. Proof again, that we can all share in abating this Corona virus, among us.

Edited by Molecules
grammar
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Molecules said:

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED FOR ALL MY ENTRIES. Now, this is a hot wet mess. In the 3rd season episode, where Young Sheldon is coached to fake having a cold to avoid a gym swimming test. (My schools never had pools.) He was told by Georgie to not elevate the thermometer using hot tea. Yet, Sheldon forgot(?) this later in life with Leonard, when Old Sheldon elevated his thermometer to unbelievable heights.  . That's a hot one.  This burns me up. Sheldon does not forget. Later, in the same episode,  Young Sheldon believes he passed on the cold to the entire student body, as confirmed by Old Sheldon.. This seems unlikely, because any Sheldon does not touch others. It was more likely that his neighbor, Billy Sparks, did the deed. Proof again, that we can all share in abating this Corona virus, among us.

Sheldon can indeed forget. He says he doesn't but that's not quite true, although his memory is very good.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:28 PM, joyceraye said:

Sheldon can indeed forget. He says he doesn't but that's not quite true, although his memory is very good.

Sheldon can recall dates and events. He can recall ingredient labels. At 23 months, Young Sheldon remembered details of the Valentine's Day Meemaw told him her recipe for brisket at age 9. He is like a male Marilu Henner. I did not know she is one of 12 (or '100) people with 100% memory recall. 

Edited by Molecules

Series Multi-Episodic Error? Holy cow! Please give me feedback, on this one. In season1, and season 2, the opening sequence shows Young Sheldon sliding away from a cow. He has a shadow, but the cow has none. Perhaps, the cow is a vampire. Now, if a vampire bites you,  then you become a vampire, but do you risk becoming a vampire by drinking its milk, cheese, or ice cream, or brisket. Either way you are consuming the breast area. Sheldon states that Texans and Jews both cherish this cut of meat. Perhaps this is why Howard Wolowitz implied that, in general, Texans do not like Jews? Both are fighting over the same cut. Also, the 2nd season shows Sheldon at sun rise/sun set, at one moment, but it is gone in the next moment. Time travel? The opening sequence of the 3rd season show variously dressed Young Sheldons wearing different outfits, and collectively Texas Two stepping, sliding away from the dangerous cow. (As Bart Simpson would say, 'Don't have a cow, over a cow, man!) Now, I am not totally certain, but it seems the sun shadows of the cow, and the family, are at different times of the day. The cow seems to have more a high noon shadow, or, more aptly, high moooon. The family's shadows seem longer, and later, or earlier, than high noon. I know it is all digital, but still. One answer might be that Old Sheldon was right. time travel does exist, and the cow and Coopers are examples. Which ever way, it is mooooving.

Edited by Molecules

Okay, this is not an episodic error, but it presents a spring board opportunity to dive into a bunch of fun facts. Wish me luck. It gives me a chance to get my Sheld-ON. (Isn't that what I have been doing all along?) Anyway, in the episode where Dr John Sturgis, Grand Nagus Zek, Wallace Shawn, is writing his paper positing time being a series of quantum particles, Dr Sturgis tells Sheldon 'fingers crossed', but he can't due to arthritis, he describes a symbol for good luck. Inconceivable! Boy, that was laborious. Fun Facts: There are many symbols, and actions used to tempt luck, for various reasons. Many are religious. Good luck: Crossing fingers is actually making the sign of the cross; 7, on the seventh day God rested:  'God bless you' when sneezing, because it was thought you expelled your soul through your nostrils, and you were blessing the person while your soul re-enters your body. .Another good reason to do as mom said, and blow your nose. It may prevent a sneeze, and, if not, gives the soul a cleaner, and easier path back (less speed bumps).  Bad luck: Stepping under a ladder is breaking the Holy Trinity; 13, because that was the number of people at the last supper; Judas sat on the left side of Jesus, so anything left is evil  (the Latin word for left is sinister). Knock on wood dates back to farmers knocking on trees to disturb the evil trolls dwelling within, and causing them to find another home. Fertility symbols: rabbits foot, and rice at weddings. Three on a match, because during war, at night, if three smokes were lit by a single match, it would give a snipper enough time to shoot you dead. See, smokes are bad for your health. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

Edited by Molecules

In the season 3 episode, where Young Sheldon is given Zantac for a stomach ulcer, because he was prohibited  from presenting his calculations for a reusable space vehicle. Thank you, Mr Musk. Sheldon never mentioned taking Zantac, and the possible/probable NDMA cancer risk he possesses. Old Sheldon would surely have commented on his childhood exposures. A friend took Zantac for 20 years, and had the bladder (and associated organs), later a lung portion, and later a lymph node scare. A strong brave person of character.

Edited by Molecules

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

In the season 3 episode, where Young Sheldon is given Zantac for a stomach ulcer, because he was prohibited  from presenting his calculations for a reusable space vehicle. Thank you, Mr Musk. Sheldon never mentioned taking Zantac, and the possible/probable NDMA cancer risk he possesses. Old Sheldon would surely have commented on his childhood exposures. A friend took Zantac for 20 years, and had the bladder (and associated organs), later a lung portion, and later a lymph node scare. A strong brave person of character.

I doubt Sheldon took the drug for long enough to suffer serious side-effects. He probably woukdn't mention it as an adult because he' d see it as a sign of weakness.What surprises me is his keeping quiet about the removal of his spleen.

This is a handy example. Young Sheldon wears mitten when holding hands whiling saying grace at meal time, yet does not remove them inside out. He then essentially touches the external surface of the mitten, like Georgie's hand germs, defeating the purpose of wearing them. Let's hear it for the boy. Let's give the boy a hand.

•  
Edited by Molecules

Let me pop this one on you. At the opening of the most recent episode, Young Sheldon was walking quickly to a vintage electronic hit called Popcorn by Hot Butter. You can search for it. There is a period dance video available, as well. It demonstrates a great lack of choreography, but is fun. If you wish, there is another version, by search, Popcorn by Jean Michel Jarre. He is a pioneer of electronic music. His album, Oxygene (I also like Equinoxe), from the seventies, is still the best selling album in the history of France. He has given concerts for masses of people. I think one was on a Brazil beach for an estimate 1 Million. Most interesting is that he provides the strongest argument that artistry is more genetic, than environmental upbringing.  Jean Michel's father was Maurice Jarre. Maurice Jarre  was an OSCAR winning composer (Lawrence of Arabia, Dr Zhivago(Laura's Theme), Witness, Ghost, on and on). Jean Michel states 20-25 encounters with his father, in his life. Yet, he remained composed. Yet, both, independently, soared musically. Isn't that bitter sweet music? 

Training Wheels. To be continued.

Edited by Molecules
  • Thanks 1