The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Cross Connections

This topic is under construction, but it will hopefully contain cross references from Young Sheldon, and The Big Bang Theory, and other Chuck 'Lorre productions. Meaning connections that intersect, but also might make someone angry. Like Billy Sparks and Raj both wanting jet skis, or Sheldon (young or old) both wore dresses: A crossdressing cross connection. Missy called Sheldon a dingus(stupid) in front of mom, but Charlie Harper referred to getting his dingus dusted (another meaning). They did not mean the same. 

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

Veronica, the born again Christian, and Georgie, the born to be wild Christian, get baptized and Georgie declares his love and kisses her in front of the congregation. Veronica slugs him using her right fist. Likewise, Penny slugged Howard with her right fist, and Howard never  got anything on the kisser (his nose got in the way). At least, Georgie got the kiss , before the fist. Your kiss, your kiss, is on my fist. This is a right cross cross connection.

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

Missy Cooper had a daddy/daughter dinner. She wore a Tiara. Old Sheldon gave Amy a Tiara. Perhaps, that was how Sheldon came up with that 'too much' gesture? 

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

Vernee Watson. Multi-connected. The BBT, episode 1, she was the receptionist at the sperm bank, she was there at Bernadette's birth of Halley, (Be it preconception , or after birth - Vernee was there),Howard's robot run amok moment (trying to perform a second bris), Young Sheldon's gall bladder, Jake's scalp stitches with Uncle Charlie. Vernee was there. Where else in Chuck Lorre lore is she? 

Edited by Molecules
error
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Marla Gibbs. Multi-connected. The BBT, episode 1, she was the receptionist at the sperm bank, she was there at Bernadette's birth of Halley, (Be it preconception , or after birth - Marla was there),Howard's robot run amok moment (trying to perform a second bris), Young Sheldon's gall bladder, Jake's scalp stitches with Uncle Charlie. Marla was there. Where else in Chuck Lorre lore is she? 

That is not Marla Gibbs.  Her name  is Vernee  Watson. (there are various spellings, including hyphenating  the last name of Johnson, when she was married).  She was also a nurse in the hospital when Sheldon's barber, Tony D'nofrio, was in the hospital (0518 The Werewolf Transformation) and was the nurse at the Hospital when Howard ate the candy bar that had Peanuts in it, on Leonard's birthday (0116. The Peanut Reaction).  She was also in the unaired Pilot.  

Vernee goes all the way back to 1993-94 with Chuck Lorre.  She is currently in the main cast for Lorre's Bob Hearts Abishola.   Her first appearance in one of Lorre's shows, was in Grace Under Fire (Bernadette's dad, played by Casey Sander, was second billed in that show and was in all 112 shows).   Besides the  two Big Bang related shows, she has also appeared in Lorre's Two and A Half Men, Mike and Molly, and Dharma and Gregg.  She currently has almost 180 acting credits, going back to 1970.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tensor said:

That is not Marla Gibbs.  Her name  is Vernee  Watson. (there are various spellings, including hyphenating  the last name of Johnson, when she was married).  She was also a nurse in the hospital when Sheldon's barber, Tony D'nofrio, was in the hospital (0518 The Werewolf Transformation) and was the nurse at the Hospital when Howard ate the candy bar that had Peanuts in it, on Leonard's birthday (0116. The Peanut Reaction).  She was also in the unaired Pilot.  

Vernee goes all the way back to 1993-94 with Chuck Lorre.  She is currently in the main cast for Lorre's Bob Hearts Abishola.   Her first appearance in one of Lorre's shows, was in Grace Under Fire (Bernadette's dad, played by Casey Sander, was second billed in that show and was in all 112 shows).   Besides the  two Big Bang related shows, she has also appeared in Lorre's Two and A Half Men, Mike and Molly, and Dharma and Gregg.  She currently has almost 180 acting credits, going back to 1970.  

Sorry. My bad. That is why, when I checked IMDB, it did not list her TV shows that I knew. I need to be more careful, and complete. Thank you for your correction. I used her name correctly in a previous entry. Forgive me, all.

Edited by Molecules

I am going to ring my bell to draw your attention to this. I rode my bicycle past your window last night... In the episode where Young Sheldon learns to ride a bike without training wheels, he first tries using the bike without any training wheels (cold turkey, and, like a turkey suddenly without wings, it won't 'fly'). He then falls, and breaks his arm (his 'wing'). That was not necessary. Training wheels have adjustable settings for height of the wheels, so you can gradually eliminate the training wheel support, until they are no longer needed. (See my similar entry on the TBBT show Episodic Errors) Old Sheldon claimed he could not ride a bike, but erroneously he could, and did. Task memory is hard to 'forget', giving credence to the phrase 'You never forget how to ride a bike'. In a way, this is a cross walk cross connection.

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 7:47 PM, joyceraye said:

Roller skates would have been a better idea altogether.

Very good. You just put my reference on a different set of wheels, and rolled it on out. Jolly good fun. '[You] got a brand new pair of roller skates,   got a brand new key.'

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

This connection might be dead in the water (and arguably a connection of the cross), but there was a partial reunion of the 'Stand By Me' movie cast. Old Georgie-Vern (Jerry O'Connell), and Wil Wheaton-Gordie (Wil Wheaton) (who also played against Geordi La Forge (Levar Burton). Georgie, Gordie, Geordi-Good Golly. This is my Episodic Errors and Young Sheldon cross connection, and if it angers you, then it is your own cross connection, too.

Edited by Molecules

On 11/11/2020 at 7:16 PM, Molecules said:

This topic is under construction, but it will hopefully contain cross references from Young Sheldon, and The Big Bang Theory, and other Chuck 'Lorre productions. Meaning connections that intersect, but also might make someone angry. Like Billy Sparks and Raj and Howard (season 12 when Leonard had to dispense with discretionary funding) wanting jet skis, or Sheldon (young or old) both wore dresses: A crossdressing cross connection. Missy called Sheldon a dingus(stupid) in front of mom, but Charlie Harper referred to getting his dingus dusted (another meaning). They did not mean the same. A cross dingus cross connection (Like crossed swords).

Edited by Molecules