Jump to content

Paige suits Sheldon more than egoistic amy


Recommended Posts

Ehe you come to think of it .......amy is kinda egoistic and evil she hides things from Sheldon from time to time...and just leaves Sheldon to his quirky behaviour without even attempting to fix it. Whereas Paige's often rebellious attitude would push Sheldon to become more mature like what Bernadette did to Howard..........and a plus is that Paige is 3x smarter than amy

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BARBARIC MONKEY said:

Ehe you come to think of it .......amy is kinda egoistic and evil she hides things from Sheldon from time to time...and just leaves Sheldon to his quirky behaviour without even attempting to fix it. Whereas Paige's often rebellious attitude would push Sheldon to become more mature like what Bernadette did to Howard..........and a plus is that Paige is 3x smarter than amy

Paige? Never heard of Paige.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's too early to tell how YS  Paige will turn out. She's eleven and judged by this week's promo is not kind to Sheldon. He holds on to grudges for decades. So far she's a lot less robotic than Sheldon and is getting closer to Missy. Amy's similarity to Sheldon was what drew them together in the first place. Amy softened before Sheldon did but they still had a lot in common and we know their marriage lasted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It's too early to tell how YS  Paige will turn out. She's eleven and judged by this week's promo is not kind to Sheldon. He holds on to grudges for decades. So far she's a lot less robotic than Sheldon and is getting closer to Missy. Amy's similarity to Sheldon was what drew them together in the first place. Amy softened before Sheldon did but they still had a lot in common and we know their marriage lasted. 

No wonder I never heard of Paige. She's from YS and I've never watched that show, just forced to watch a commercial or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chucky said:

No wonder I never heard of Paige. She's from YS and I've never watched that show, just forced to watch a commercial or two.

She'll be in the commercials this week, if they are the same as the promos. Adult Sheldon never mentioned her on TBBT. Perhaps she found her way onto his enemies list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

She'll be in the commercials this week, if they are the same as the promos. Adult Sheldon never mentioned her on TBBT. Perhaps she found her way onto his enemies list.

I try to avoid the commercials. Sometimes I'm trapped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It's too early to tell how YS  Paige will turn out. She's eleven and judged by this week's promo is not kind to Sheldon. 

That's why I've never heard of her.

With this thread being in the The Big Bang Theory > The Show forum, I assumed she was a character in TBBT.

3 hours ago, BARBARIC MONKEY said:

or Paige's mom could be George sr mistress

Then maybe the reason they never got together, is because they're half brother and sister?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

With this thread being in the The Big Bang Theory > The Show forum, I assumed she was a character in TBBT.

As did I!

21 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Then maybe the reason they never got together, is because they're half brother and sister?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That's why I've never heard of her.

With this thread being in the The Big Bang Theory > The Show forum, I assumed she was a character in TBBT.

Then maybe the reason they never got together, is because they're half brother and sister?

No. The adults didn't meet one another until the children wete ten.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The  family came from another  town.  They wanted to make more money so they could send Paige to a school for clever children. Her father was a dentist. Sheldon and Paige were ten.

Sheldon's parents couldn't afford that sort of schooil but  he  got a scholarship to one far away. He didn't like the digs so he went to the local high school where his father taught  football.

Mary needed parents of a gifted child  to talk to, which was how they all met.

Paige and Sheldon both attend a physics class at a university.Sheldon will go there full time  in September. He sees her more of a rival than a friend. Missy gets on well with her.

George isn't philandering yet. Paige's parents have split up so who knows  what's coming.  Sheldon in TBBT never said when his father went off the rails. George already likes his beer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

The  family came from another  town.  They wanted to make more money so they could send Paige to a school for clever children. Her father was a dentist. Sheldon and Paige were ten.

Sheldon's parents couldn't afford that sort of schooil but  he  got a scholarship to one far away. He didn't like the digs so he went to the local high school where his father taught  football.

Mary needed parents of a gifted child  to talk to, which was how they all met.

Paige and Sheldon both attend a physics class at a university.Sheldon will go there full time  in September. He sees her more of a rival than a friend. Missy gets on well with her.

George isn't philandering yet. Paige's parents have split up so who knows  what's coming.  Sheldon in TBBT never said when his father went off the rails. George already likes his beer.

Way too much information for me, as I've said, I'm not a "YS" fan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chucky said:

Way too much information for me, as I've said, I'm not a "YS" fan.

Not every TBBT fan is, but Sheldon talks a lot about his childhood and some non-YS viewers of TBBT might find the odd bit of information here and there useful.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Not every TBBT fan is, but Sheldon talks a lot about his childhood and some non-YS viewers of TBBT might find the odd bit of information here and there useful.

Maybe, maybe not. But that is why there's a "YS" forum. Anything "YS" related can be discussed there. As for me, I got enough Sheldon Cooper the last 3 years of "TBBT"!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 1:16 PM, chucky said:

Maybe, maybe not. But that is why there's a "YS" forum. Anything "YS" related can be discussed there. As for me, I got enough Sheldon Cooper the last 3 years of "TBBT"!

Fair enough. I thought as there was a post in the TBBT forum about Paige's being better suited to adult Sheldon than Amy, it should be answered. I think Amy is the best possible match for Sheldon.  Actually, I think they were all well-matched in the end. Considering the men came from broken marriages and the women didn't,it would be interesting to know how the writers' minds were working regarding that.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I thought as there was a post in the TBBT forum about Paige's being better suited to adult Sheldon than Amy, it should be answered.

I agree and really don't a problem. I believe the original post should have been started in the "YS" forum. But, what the heck. It is what it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chucky said:

I agree and really don't a problem. I believe the original post should have been started in the "YS" forum. But, what the heck. It is what it is.

If all the YS viewers knew about Amy, that would indeed have been better. In this forum we know Amy and her personality and her suitability or not as a wife for Sheldon. All  YS-ers know, unless they are/were TBBT viewers, so long as  they happened to catch the part of adult Sheldon's narration in the episode where it was mentioned along with the name of  a son, is  Amy's name.  He usually just says 'my wife' or 'my children' if he mentions them at all.

We've heard future ( to both series ) adult Amy's voice only once. Mayam was working in the vicinity when they were finishing off a previously Covid-interrupted   YSepisode,so they took advantage of her availability.

I think we may well need a crossover thread someday. The writers drop information in  YS on purpose IMHO, just as they did in TBBT to link us up with Sheldon's past. YS-ers  know what the other six children  were doing around the time the 1990 Nobel winners were announced. We've seen Sheldon in the Caltech canteen circa 1991. A backward shadow. Although some TBBT fans might prefer to imagine  for themselves our beloved gang's future, I'd love to hear more gems dropped about them, We know how many children Missy eventually had, and how long Mary had been working for the Church. It's interesting that the impression given in TBBT of a 'dumbass daddy' wasn't entirely realistic -  he was a teacher, at least until 1991.   We don't know how old Sheldon is when he's narrating. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

If all the YS viewers knew about Amy, that would indeed have been better. In this forum we know Amy and her personality and her suitability or not as a wife for Sheldon. All  YS-ers know, unless they are/were TBBT viewers, so long as  they happened to catch the part of adult Sheldon's narration in the episode where it was mentioned along with the name of  a son, is  Amy's name.  He usually just says 'my wife' or 'my children' if he mentions them at all.

We've heard future ( to both series ) adult Amy's voice only once. Mayam was working in the vicinity when they were finishing off a previously Covid-interrupted   YSepisode,so they took advantage of her availability.

I think we may well need a crossover thread someday. The writers drop information in  YS on purpose IMHO, just as they did in TBBT to link us up with Sheldon's past. YS-ers  know what the other six children  were doing around the time the 1990 Nobel winners were announced. We've seen Sheldon in the Caltech canteen circa 1991. A backward shadow. Although some TBBT fans might prefer to imagine  for themselves our beloved gang's future, I'd love to hear more gems dropped about them, We know how many children Missy eventually had, and how long Mary had been working for the Church. It's interesting that the impression given in TBBT of a 'dumbass daddy' wasn't entirely realistic -  he was a teacher, at least until 1991.   We don't know how old Sheldon is when he's narrating. 

Sorry, your citing "YS". Personally, for me. that show doesn't count for anything. As I accept only the "TBBT" version of Sheldon's childhood. I won't change my opinion just because another show comes along and says things happened differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chucky said:

I agree and really don't a problem. I believe the original post should have been started in the "YS" forum. But, what the heck. It is what it is.

At this point in the life of the forum, just about any post is welcome wherever it may appear. Endless posts about TBBT inconsitencies, (most of which were discussed when origianally aired), can become tedious. They are, however, better than the thread devoted to an in depth discussion of Penny's bra...

Paige as portrayed on YS is a terrible match for Sheldon. In many ways she's reminiscent of Leslie Winkle. The only thing she hasn't done is call him a dumbass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

At this point in the life of the forum, just about any post is welcome wherever it may appear. Endless posts about TBBT inconsitencies, (most of which were discussed when origianally aired), can become tedious. They are, however, better than the thread devoted to an in depth discussion of Penny's bra...

Paige as portrayed on YS is a terrible match for Sheldon. In many ways she's reminiscent of Leslie Winkle. The only thing she hasn't done is call him a dumbass...

I tend to agree. I believe still it should be posted in that other forum, but as I said, it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.