The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 1.04 The Luminous Fish Effect

I love seeing SHeldon in his bed, for some reason. And it looks like JP barely fits on it. He might have to do the "Tall Man from Cornwall" poem!

Fantastic episode. Mary Cooper steals the scene every damn time!

"Sheldon's father, God rest his soul, always used to tell me, "Mary, you got to take your time with Sheldon."

She also ... " The bad temper comes from his father......the eyes he took from me....his science thing...that is coming from Jesus..

Edited by wannamaker

And more. :)

While Sheldon was playing in his room with his DNA helical model...Mary sweetly says: < isn't this thing coming from the creator? >and Sheldon replies  <MOM  what do you want from me?>

These are very simple observations but they let us reflect on what...?

Edited by wannamaker

And more. :)

While Sheldon was playing in his room with his DNA helical model...Mary sweetly says: < isn't this thing coming from the creator? >and Sheldon replies  <MOM  what do you want from me?>

These are very simple observations but they let us reflect on what...?

From a scientific point of view, there is no need to invoke an 'intelligent designer', as Mary Cooper wanted Sheldon to. Sheldon simply ignored her, as he's probably had that argument with his mother a thousand times.

@viddy ...why can't anyone invoke "intelligent design" sorry I don't get your quote.

Anyhow that was not what I intended to point out by repeating what Mary Cooper said. It would be a futile exsercise though.

We all know in this episode, by saying those words, she was after Sheldon to make sure he'd resume his job as a Caltech Theoretical physicist at  the university.

To me it would have been just a starting point to reflect more profoundly in the management of sciences and religious belief in our current affairs

How can anyone blindly .not believe the entire universe is the ultimate creation of a Creator of superior intelligence than ours.

* After all it has been my curiosity to make me join this forum to exchange ideas about the Big Bang :) so to speak

Edited by wannamaker

Very funny! Mrs. Cooper really does steal the show whenever she's in an episode. As an athiest, I find much of her antics hilarious and the way Sheldon handles it just as well. Plus the way she treats others such as Raj... mean but funny at the same time. Sheldon asking if that professor is going to be his new daddy. LOL.  For some reason luminous fish and Sheldon looming are some of my favorite things I've seen in this show so far. :D