Ivana

Your opinions on "Shamy"

I would like Shamy to...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. I would like Shamy to...

• develop into a romantic relationship
    • stay friends
    • I hate Shamy, I want Amy out of the show

Since "Shamy" is one of the most interesting new developments on The Big Bang Theory, I was wondering what are your opinions on that theme - would you like Shamy to evolve into something more or not :D ?

The evolution of Shamy also entails the evolution of Sheldon, and I guess that some of the fans do not want Sheldon to change much (after all, Sheldon is already a completely new species :) ). But I believe that, even if Sheldon and Amy actually engage into a "romantic" relationship, it would not be much more different than what they have right now. The only thing that is yet unknown is would Sheldon and Amy engage in physical relationship, and if yes, how, but I guess that some of the fans do not wish to go down that path :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I'm kinda in the air about Amy. I think of Sheldon as more of a sexless mandroid who is, at best, facinated (if not more than just a little grossed out) by his biological urges.

Well, at first I loved the idea of Sheldon having a girlfriend, but now I think Amy's scenes doesn't add any comedy to the show!

Hopefully the writers would think seriously about How to make use Amy's character before getting rid of her.

:)

I thinks she should stay on the show now that Penny is back, on the last episode Amy gives a very funny performance with Penny and Bernadette. I don't know how you call the bromance but with girls, sismance? but Amy and Bernadette are very very funny together since they are both scientist, as for Bernadette she can be on both sides sometimes at Penny's side and others at Amy's.

As for Amy and Sheldon,well... I think to just stay friends. They don't look the part to engage in anything romantic and Sheldon just barely knows how to deal with male friends, he needs to develop having a lady friend and once that is done theeeen move to a romantic relationship, though I don't think that would happen.

I like Amy I mean Shamy. Loved Amy always she┬┤s the female Sheldon xD Hope Amy will stay for the rest of the season. She was funny in all the epsiodes she appeared and I think she really gets along with Penny and Bernadette and last episode the three of them were pretty funny together :D

Edited by BlackWhiteRose
  • Like 1

Love Amy and Bernadette together. In futuristic movies, there is no physical contact between men and women. I think Sheldon and Amy are too "out there" for exchanging bodily fluids! Friends are good with

sexual innuendos! If they have sex, their IQ's may drop 100 pts !

Hasn't Wil Weaton and Penny run their course yet? It looks like a strain trying to find where they fit

in the show now. Maybe have Whorf or Data pinch his neck and beam him to another show.

Amy should be written out of the show.

1) We don't need another Sheldon. The audience loves the Sheldon we have. It was cute for one, maybe two episodes to have a female Sheldon clone, but now it's just an excuse to fill up air time.

2) She is unlikable. What makes Sheldon work is that beneath his super genius craziness he's very child-like which makes great comedy because of ironies of a highly intellectual person with the emotional development of a little kid. Amy has the super genius crazy qualities, but she lacks the gooshy inside.

3) She lacks the necessary ironic component for comedy. Other Sheldon-like characters, like Leonard's mother, have worked because of the ironies of a mother---a traditionally compassionate, loving figure---treating her child like a science experiment. But Amy doesn't have the opportunity to have such an ironic relationship with Sheldon since there's no expectation for her to behave lovingly toward him. She has the extreme personality, but we're missing a foil.

4) Building off of my previous points about the necessity of irony in comedy, if Sheldon were to have a girlfriend, it would be funniest if she were dissimilar to Sheldon. She would have to be smart so that Sheldon couldn't patronize her, but really motherly toward Sheldon to bring out that funny aspect of his personality. Although I have often thought about the much talked about possible Penny/Sheldon pairing, it would be too out-of-character for the writers to actually do. And in any case, she's too easy for Sheldon to patronize, and thus if they were together they would either be fighting all the time or one of them would be dominating the relationship too much. But maybe at some point Sheldon will meet the perfect opposite. Amy is an example of likes repelling the comedic value out of a scene.

• Like 1

I think the ambiguous friendship between Sheldon and Amy is actually their romance. I really liked the part where Sheldon said "that's the most pragmatic thing anyone has ever said to me". It's fun to watch how romantic words and situations get replaced nerdly(and Sheldon_likely) in their relationship. Though, I wouldn't mind little progress between them, either. I have to admit that it would be also funny, in other way.

Amy should be written out of the show.

1) We don't need another Sheldon. The audience loves the Sheldon we have. It was cute for one, maybe two episodes to have a female Sheldon clone, but now it's just an excuse to fill up air time.

2) She is unlikable. What makes Sheldon work is that beneath his super genius craziness he's very child-like which makes great comedy because of ironies of a highly intellectual person with the emotional development of a little kid. Amy has the super genius crazy qualities, but she lacks the gooshy inside.

3) She lacks the necessary ironic component for comedy. Other Sheldon-like characters, like Leonard's mother, have worked because of the ironies of a mother---a traditionally compassionate, loving figure---treating her child like a science experiment. But Amy doesn't have the opportunity to have such an ironic relationship with Sheldon since there's no expectation for her to behave lovingly toward him. She has the extreme personality, but we're missing a foil.

4) Building off of my previous points about the necessity of irony in comedy, if Sheldon were to have a girlfriend, it would be funniest if she were dissimilar to Sheldon. She would have to be smart so that Sheldon couldn't patronize her, but really motherly toward Sheldon to bring out that funny aspect of his personality. Although I have often thought about the much talked about possible Penny/Sheldon pairing, it would be too out-of-character for the writers to actually do. And in any case, she's too easy for Sheldon to patronize, and thus if they were together they would either be fighting all the time or one of them would be dominating the relationship too much. But maybe at some point Sheldon will meet the perfect opposite. Amy is an example of likes repelling the comedic value out of a scene.

Amen

• Like 1

I think they should have picked a better Amy.

She should be tall & thin like Sheldon, and less severe. I mean, Sheldon is NOT as ad as Amy. Seriously. She too much of the serious Sheldon, and too less of the funny Sheldon. She's not a good double.

They should have made more similarities, and made Amy funnier.

However, I wouldn't mind Shamy as a relationship. But as friends, she should just go.

I'm somewhat indifferent to Amy - I don't like her or dislike her.

I like that she's a more severe Sheldon: she serves as an interesting foil, highlighting Sheldon's subtle changes throughout the last three seasons. And I also appreciate her value as Sheldon's first 'romantic' relationship. Obviously, they don't have that kind of chemistry, but she's the perfect first start for Sheldon. Anyone else would send Sheldon running.

So, I vote she stays for the full fourth season, helping Sheldon 'mature' in a relationship. Of course I wouldn't want anything romantic between the two. Sheldon must remain indifferent towards human social and romantic interactions - at least until the final season. :)

I'd be up for seeing an experiment with alcohol gone wrong and a drunken one-nighter with some akward exchanges in the morning but no romance. Doesn't work with Sheldon

The whole Sheldon / Amy thing, I can 't see lasting much longer. It's interesting to see a female version of Sheldon, but I am not sure if it's the performance or the overload of his character type, but I am finding it becoming rather dull and somewhat cliche'd.

If anything, Sheldon needs a pairing with a character like Leslie Winkle. Someone to drive him crazy, but smart enough to keep up with him. Amy is far too bland and albeit a clever carbon copy of the Sheldon character, but lacks the idiosyncratic performances like Jim Parsons provides for Sheldon to truly carry it off.

Now for Sheldon to become sexually attracted to Leslie Winkle would be laughter fodder for sure. He can't stand her, yet is physically drawn to her and ultimately emotionally. Leslie is the emotional opposite to Sheldon. She is a sexual being and emotionally detached, yet fully aware of that fact. Sheldon is non-sexual and emotionally childish, but is in denial of his emotions. Winkle has many of the dominant traits of Sheldon's mother and is very much as pushy as Sheldon is. When you put two assertive opposite personalities in a relationship, sparks are going to fly.

I don't think Amy and Sheldon should get together romantically. Amy works best as just a friend who can understand Sheldons mannerisms and jokes and is seen only occasionally. Her character is too harsh to be seen in every episode and a lot of the time just not funny. I would like Sheldon to eventually have a romantic relationship but not until several more seasons have passed and he has a chance to develop more on a social level. A character that is a more intelligent version of Penny would work well.

I'm for romantic relationships - not that romantic, how other people make it or take it, but on weird, original, THEIR way. I'm sure, that would not change Sheldon. I just think, that one man, who hate other people touching, but one=Amy, IS the sweetest, that in this world could exist! And TBBT would be the one, who has this kind of relationship on TV. I really hope, it will go on. :icon_wink:

• Like 1

I though Amy was very funny when she was plotting with Penny against Priya; but agree with djvang this season was painful to watch; she's so desperate. Pair her with Raj that could be funny; as for Sheldon there are other ways to socialize him & I see him either with a mature Penny or a smarter Penny like person in the future. He has emotions, he's just suppressing them; to see them breaking out against his will over a woman would be uber funny.

• Like 1

I voted for "develop into a romantic relationship" but I reserve the right to change my mind if the development stagnates like L/P's.

Leonard is still a groveler (great choice of word from Raj in the premiere) and Penny is still commitment phobic.

I don't want S/A to have a gimmicky "thing" like that where Amy is just trying to push forward and Sheldon is just clueless, all for the sake of laughs.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a better sense of where their relationship is going (or if it is going anywhere at all) by the end of this season, though.

• Like 1

Really? I don't see this, just the opposite :icon_mrgreen:

Agreed.

I liked season 5 better. It had the best of this couple. I do loooove season 4 but it's more of a setpoint of the relationship.

But who am I to talk since most of those here didn't want them to go further anyway.

I am enjoying watching Amy chase Sheldon and Trying to get him into bed. The last thing I want is for Amy to have sexual success. The whole humor comes from the Irony of her struggle.