Advice post Big Bang theory

Hello, I’m new here. 

i just need to talk about the show with other fans right now. I started the show quite recently and I watched the 12 seasons in less than a month. I just finished the last episode just two days ago. And I can’t stop crying all day long since then literally. I can’t stop thinking about it it’s haunting me at night , I wake up at 3 crying. It’s just horrible to cry all the time. I’m in grief, apparently it’s called post show depression. And I literally have nothing else to do in my life right since I am in quarantine at home. So I thought it would be good to talk about this with other fans who went through it. What are your advice ? What should I do? Should I rewatch the show all over again (because watching the last episode just was so brutal and violent and I can’t move one and let it go)? I’d like to know how you went through that please. 

There are various ways to do it. Some quit watching for a while, then make their way back.  Others (like me) continue watching(our local channel has it on twice a night, and TBS has it on three to four nights a week.  If you have HBO Max or the DVDs,you can watch whenever you want).  

Some draw pictures of the characters, some post pictures or clips on Twitter, Reddit, or Instagram.  Some(again like me) read and write fan fiction about the show. if your interested is some links for drawings and or reading Drop me a Private message and I can pass those along. 

I also have a few projects I’m doing here on the forums.  One, is transcribing seasons 11 and 12, so I have to watch.  Another is finding out how much time each characters or couples are onscreen, so again I have to watch.  Each person dealt with it their own way.  These are just some suggestions. 

I watched this show faithfully, (fanatically?), for 12 seasons. Never missed an episode and watched them endlessly in reruns. Then, after the finale, I had no interest in watching for months. My enthusiasm was gone and it seemed there was no point in watching. The story was told and it was done. Eventually, I got to the point where I would watch if I happened upon an episode but I didn't really look for TBBT. This is still the case. In a way it seems similar to looking at photos, or video, of people who have passed away. I spent a lot of time with those characters but they are now history. I have had to fill my TBBT void with other interests and activities. I know there are some TBBT fans that have great hopes for some kind of reboot or reunion. Maybe that will happen but I am skeptical. The actors have moved onto a myriad of other projects and activities and seem content to leave TBBT in the rearview mirror.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Estelle said:

Hello, I’m new here. 

i just need to talk about the show with other fans right now. I started the show quite recently and I watched the 12 seasons in less than a month. I just finished the last episode just two days ago. And I can’t stop crying all day long since then literally. I can’t stop thinking about it it’s haunting me at night , I wake up at 3 crying. It’s just horrible to cry all the time. I’m in grief, apparently it’s called post show depression. And I literally have nothing else to do in my life right since I am in quarantine at home. So I thought it would be good to talk about this with other fans who went through it. What are your advice ? What should I do? Should I rewatch the show all over again (because watching the last episode just was so brutal and violent and I can’t move one and let it go)? I’d like to know how you went through that please. 

Hey there,

a few month ago, I was also new here and came to the forum with exactly the same problem. My post on that is called "Dealing with the end of the series", you should be able to find it just a few posts below yours. 

I just wanted to say that I really feel you and what you are going through at the moment. I know, it is tough, especially as you're thinking about the show all the time, missing the characters and feeling a kind of emptiness inside of you. Well, it took me two to three weeks to get over it and move on, right now I am stuck on another sitcom. It was a good idea to ask this forum, there are some kind guys here that do literally nothing else but talking about the show all the time. That may help you. As well as that, you should go and meet some family or friends using social media and tell them about your feelings, as you're quarantined that should be the best solution ;)

I wouldn't advise you to rewatch the show immediately, take a break of at least a month or so and after that, start again if you feel like doing so.

If you still have questions or just want to talk, the forum is here, open to you.

Greetings from Germany and Merry Christmas, 

Thor and Dr. Jones

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 2:28 PM, HeWolf said:

I know there are some TBBT fans that have great hopes for some kind of reboot or reunion. Maybe that will happen but I am skeptical.

I've come to that realization myself. I can hope for a reboot or reunion, but seriously doubt they will happen.