The Apartment

leonard2010

Hey Big Bang Theory fans

So quite recently I have decided to build the Cooper apartment in The Sims 3

(I call it the Cooper apartment because hes the original tenant)

I watched all episodes right up to the fourth season episode 21 second excitation and determined that this is the exact layout of the apartment.

(See Attachment)

anyone who would like to add anything or support alternative layouts is welcome too.

Keep in mind the layout is a TV set so the wasted space is most like used for filming equipment and such.

post-1433-13480809686_thumb.jpg

I always pictured the two bedrooms side by side, esp with Sheldon crawling along the ledge from one to the other. Hmmm ...

Steve

The Wiki

In the episode that deals with how the elevator was broken it shows leonerds at the end of the hallway and again in the Lunar excitation in the same place.

• 4 weeks later...

There is an anomaly in the layout in the series.

In Sheldon's room there is a closet basically beside the door (to the left when walking out of the room). In the episode where Dr. Elizabeth Plimpton visits, Sheldon opens it to show her the emergency survival kit. It is quite deep.

In other episodes, eg when Sheldon is sick in series 1, where Leonard is crawling past his room after deploying the sensor, there is a view showing the wall to be essentially in the same plane as the door.

The closet has disappeared.

SO in your plan you have to somehow have a closet that varies in depth.

By the way I agree with the others . Sheldon and Leonard's rooms share a wall and the ledge runs along the outside of both rooms.

Just been watching the episode mentioned about when Leonard moves in with Sheldon.

Yep you were right Leonard's room is at the end of the hall. But then in other episodes the arrangement is different. In the one where Sheldon crawls along the ledge he crawls along a straight section and is outside the window.

Then secondly he and Leonard share a common wall in the Nowitsky episode.

So with all the info we have uncovered some anomalies in the floor plan.

So I guess that means you can make it how ever you like and be right!

And something else!

Just watching the latest and I notice there is a door in the wall of the main room to the right of the normal door to the hallway.

It is about halfway along the wall.

But at the position the door is - it would open onto the stairwell about 8 feet above the stairs. In the stairwell there is no door just at brick wall.

That's a closet. You can see them open it and get things out in a number of episodes (first time was when Leonard got a blanket and pillow out for Penny to spend the night on the couch in the first season.)

Steve

The Wiki

• 4 weeks later...

It's the big bang theory.

Adding multiple space dimensions is something you would expect to happen... but anyways, they do share a wall. Even though, yes, Leonard's room door is at the end of the hall.

But why´s there a death space between the kitchen and Leonard's closet?

• 4 weeks later...

It's the big bang theory.

Adding multiple space dimensions is something you would expect to happen... but anyways, they do share a wall. Even though, yes, Leonard's room door is at the end of the hall.

But why´s there a death space between the kitchen and Leonard's closet?

The apartment is a TV set as we all know so there will be random areas of dead space to make room for potential special effects and stuff like that.

I'm going over the show again and am going to make up a new layout, if anyone would anyone like to do pennys apartment.

• 2 weeks later...

My quick rendition of the apartments.

All is based on what I have seen on the show, and the relative sizes of furniture and kitchen-modules.

The stairs/hallway looks to big to me, but the number of steps (not counting the ones behind the lift) should be correct also.

Leonards bedroom is missing, as I suspect they use Sheldons bedroom for both on the show, as the window, door, closet e.t.c. is the same, just different furniture. So I didn't take a stand on the precise layout right there.

And to better see things I have removed the fourth wall.

post-1898-134808096916_thumb.png

post-1898-134808096931_thumb.png

My quick rendition of the apartments.

All is based on what I have seen on the show, and the relative sizes of furniture and kitchen-modules.

The stairs/hallway looks to big to me, but the number of steps (not counting the ones behind the lift) should be correct also.

Leonards bedroom is missing, as I suspect they use Sheldons bedroom for both on the show, as the window, door, closet e.t.c. is the same, just different furniture. So I didn't take a stand on the precise layout right there.

And to better see things I have removed the fourth wall.

Thanks so much this will defiantly help when im building the Sims 3 version.

• 4 months later...

hey friends so im back working on my sims 3 version and im using the above blueprints above as reference.

Northlight if you would like to assist me id greatly appreciate it.

we can chat via email if you would like or msn if you have it.