The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.08 The 21-Second Excitation (Nov. 11)

Mjc Im not sure what you're saying she already had wanted to be more than just friends with Leonard in the past and take off the caps.

My Favorite Scene from this episode.

tumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo1_250.giftumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo2_250.gif

tumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo3_250.giftumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo4_250.gif

tumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo5_250.giftumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo6_250.gif

tumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo7_250.giftumblr_lr2ky1CB9L1qj74sxo8_250.gif

So sad. :(

Saw this one tonight and it was my favorite scene, too! It wasn't as sad now that they are engaged! Like time travel and you can say"Everything will be ok.t'll all be okay"

• Like 2

Saw this one tonight and it was my favorite scene, too! It wasn't as sad now that they are engaged! Like time travel and you can say"Everything will be ok.t'll all be okay"

I never thought of the scene as sad, for Lenny's it was joyous.   It has so much more meaning if you were watching on it's original broadcast or if you didn't know what was going to happen in season five.  12 episodes after breaking up with Leonard, we finally saw Penny display some sort of regret over the breakup(other than at the time of the breakup), and it gave us hope.   The only thing we had seen before this was her anger/jealousy toward Dr. Plimpton and her regret with hooking up with Leonard at the end of the third season.    

• Like 2

When Penny made the fake phone call to Sheldon, why didn't her name appear on his phone display?

Here in the US, you can adjust the settings on your phone (or use a special prefix when dialing) to hide your number.  It's also available in several other countries, but I don't know the details on that.  

When Penny made the fake phone call to Sheldon, why didn't her name appear on his phone display?

Also I think the phone she used belonged to Bernie. If you watch that scene again, Penny hands the phone to her as soon as she hangs up.

Also I think the phone she used belonged to Bernie. If you watch that scene again, Penny hands the phone to her as soon as she hangs up.

Good point Kathr.  At this point (season 8 ), they probably all have each others phone numbers.  But back then, I'm not sure Sheldon would have considered Bernie to be close enough to him to have her phone number.  

Good point Kathr. At this point (season 8 ), they probably all have each others phone numbers. But back then, I'm not sure Sheldon would have considered Bernie to be close enough to him to have her phone number.

Exactly what I thought too. Back then, Bernie and Howard were still just dating. Why would Sheldon need or want her number. Now of course she's Howard's wife and by now someone Sheldon would consider a friend.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but something I've always wondered.

What happened after Sheldon and the guys fled with the new cut of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" film?     Did they get away?    Did the "nerd crowd" catch up with them?    Did Sheldon eventually drop the movie in order to escape (highly likely).