The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.09 The Boyfriend Complexity (Nov. 18)

"The Boyfriend Complexity" - Penny asks Leonard to lie to her father, while Howard, Raj and Bernadette pull an all-nighter at a telescope, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 18 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Keith Carradine ("Damages," "Dexter") guest stars as Penny's dad.

Episode Guide | Wiki

season 4 continues to disappoint. even sheldon has become nearly unwatchable.

I could go on and on about how the characters are your basic sitcom hacks, or how each episode's plot is completely meaningless and equally unmemorable but I think all of the inadequacies of the current state of the show can be summed up by sheldon's most obvious gaff when discussing the temperaments of super heroes.

Why, may I ask, would Wolverine need a prostate exam? He is well known for his mutant healing factor which would make him more than impervious to cancers.

It's a sad day when even sheldon doesn't know his comic book characters.

The show has truly 'Jumped the shark'.

I can't think of any really good episodes this season.

Sure seasons 1, 2 and 3 had their ups and downs.

Season 4 is just downs.

Gone is a science and the gang of 4 geeks plus 1.

The show has truly 'Jumped the shark'.

I can't think of any really good episodes this season.

Sure seasons 1, 2 and 3 had their ups and downs.

Season 4 is just downs.

Gone is a science and the gang of 4 geeks plus 1.

I have to disagree. I think this season is pretty much on par with the previous seasons and has about just as many hits as misses as those seasons did. Of course all of this is subjective and just because I disagree it doesn't mean you're wrong. For you the show has jumped the shark but for me it hasn't yet.

I thought the latest episode was a fall in the right direction and all in the "gang" get their time.

This season have had some speedbumps but I think they are the right track, even so it's the best show out there, no questions asked.

3 Weeks to the next episod though ;(

I thought the latest episode was a fall in the right direction and all in the "gang" get their time.

This season have had some speedbumps but I think they are the right track, even so it's the best show out there, no questions asked.

3 Weeks to the next episod though ;(

Why 3 weeks until the next episode????

This was a very good episode. It's good to know that the writers still know how to write a good ensemble story. The characters were nicely in tune, without any one character dominating (*cough*Sheldon*cough*). I loved the conversation in the car about Penny's old boyfriends and of course, Raj and Bernadette's impersonations of Howard's mother. Penny's dad was great, although I would have loved to get a little bit more background on her family. Where was her mom? And what's her last name?? They're teasing us, I know :)

Steve

The Wiki

i liked it. . . . . . . .Penny lyin, and her dad putting great value in Leonard was nice in contrasting what selfish ditzy blondes think they know about life vs what is important in a stable comfortable life. "i want my grandkids to grow up in a house that's not on wheels". . . . .classic.

I Have no idea, i checked TVRage, and there it says the next episode is December 9th.

That's disappointing! I also checked my Tivo, and didn't see any new episodes. My dad suggested there might the three week gap because of the holidays, but I'm not so sure.

Hey everyone!

I just want to now if the show will be off air for a few weeks because of the Christmas break? I'm Australian and I've noticed in the past seasons usually at around this time there is a 2-3 week break and the show doesn't start until Early - Mid January...

Hope someone can help....

Thanks!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Here in the U.S., CBS will be airing 2 new episodes The Alien episode Thursday Dec 9th and The Justice league episode on Thursday Dec 16th according to this Website. These 2 episodes were just taped on Tuesday November 16th and Tuesday November 23rd.so far this season. They are taping 2 more episodes (Numbers 12 and 13) in December on Tuesday December 7th and December 14th. These won't air till sometime in January. They will start taping again during the middle of January. There is a tickets icon on the left side of the mainpage of this website. If you click it I think it well tell you what dates TBBT will be taping the show up to a month ahead. Typically CBS only gives about a 2 week forward window about what TBBT episode they will be airing and whether it is a new episode or a rerun.

Here in the U.S., CBS will be airing 2 new episodes The Alien episode Thursday Dec 9th and The Justice league episode on Thursday Dec 16th according to this Website. These 2 episodes were just taped on Tuesday November 16th and Tuesday November 23rd.so far this season. They are taping 2 more episodes (Numbers 12 and 13) in December on Tuesday December 7th and December 14th. These won't air till sometime in January. They will start taping again during the middle of January. There is a tickets icon on the left side of the mainpage of this website. If you click it I think it well tell you what dates TBBT will be taping the show up to a month ahead. Typically CBS only gives about a 2 week forward window about what TBBT episode they will be airing and whether it is a new episode or a rerun.

I wish I could go see a taping of TBBT... Thanks for replying... I'll be sure to download the episodes immediately after their release :)

With Sheldon walking past carrying his laundry, I'm guessing it's Saturday night when Leonard is being asked out for steak dinner.

Leonard says he's blowing off work for the next day... so Leonard was due to work Sunday?

Is my timeline correct that it is still Sunday when everyone is back in the campus cafeteria? When Leonard asks Howard if he got to play with Raj's big telescope?

It was really akward and uncomfortable with the fake Leonard/penny relationship it was just so phony and the way Leonard acted just made my skin crawl, if penny wanted to have her dad back off and it would have been funnier if it had been Sheldon or the other guys

What was with Leonard acting like a douche, then asking penny how they got back together asking her if she apologized, apologized for what that she didn't say I love you back when she wasn't and him acting clingy afterwards but instead of stringing him along broke up with him like most couples would

I know when any girl much less smiles at him he thinks it means something but she was pretending to be with for the sake of her dad, did he really think something who happen, I agree with sheldon's assesment of einstein's defenition of insanity because that's what Leonard was

Leonard knew that it was all a ruse... he was just enjoying the moment.

I think Howard has the bigger issue with regards to "misreading" the ladies.

I thought penny's dad's name was bob not Wyatt, unless bob is his first but goes by Wyatt