The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.09 The Boyfriend Complexity (Nov. 18)

Penny mentioned it to leonard's mom when leonard's mom visited for the first time

@cbolt:

from the wiki...

According to the press release from CBS before the episode taped, Wyatt is the name of Penny's father. In a previous episode, however, Penny's father's name was given as Bob. Fan speculation before the episode aired was that Wyatt was either Penny's father's nickname, that it was his given name and that Bob was his nickname, or that Wyatt was in fact Penny's long-unmentioned last name.

Well penny's dad told Leonard to call him Wyatt, no mention of being mr.Wyatt, so i'm going to assume that's not her last name, I'm surprised that they didn't reveal then that would've been the perfect time to do it

There are a few "inconsistencies" throughout the series.

There's a thread on the site about it, plus it's on the wiki.

The one I always liked was when Leonard was going to the comic shop to sell all his collectibles to Larry.

Unsure if Larry was the owner of the store before Stuart, or was it Lonely Larry who features regularly in the show??

But with regards to Penny's dad, I like the nickname theory myself.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Leonard's behavior towards Penny was unacceptable and crossed line.

and Penny did not cross a line here? Lying to her father and forcing Leonard to lie for her too?

pff, please a little perspective.

and Penny did not cross a line here? Lying to her father and forcing Leonard to lie for her too?

Perspective? On Leonard? From one of his biggest detractors? Might as well remove the letter 'm' from the alphabet. Adness! Utter adness!

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Perspective? On Leonard? From one of his biggest detractors? Might as well remove the letter 'm' from the alphabet. Adness! Utter adness!

:icon_lol:

Yes Penny should've told him first but Leonard didn't act lime a friend to her, she didn't whistle but he did come running back, all I have to say Penny's dad has low standards or expectations for her, not sure if he can say he loves his daughter when she stopped being slugger when she grew breasts.

Low standards? He wants her to marry a physicist. I suppose he could hold out for someone Penny would choose. Zack is still available. Or, Kurt. Maybe she can still hook up with the guy that dumped manure into his mother's gas tank. And he seemed to show her plenty of love. All he asked was for her to be honest with him. Penny might be able to find someone better than Leonard, but she has shown no ability to do so. Every guy before Leonard was stupid, and the one after was too. And that was probably the least pleasant quality they had.

Fact is, one of them could do much better. But it is Leonard, not Penny.

Yes Penny should've told him first but Leonard didn't act lime a friend to her, she didn't whistle but he did come running back, all I have to say Penny's dad has low standards or expectations for her, not sure if he can say he loves his daughter when she stopped being slugger when she grew breasts.

OK is it just me left "scratching" his head on this one......

Think Wyatts "standards" and "expectations" are if anything above standard as far as Penny is concerned.I can also tell you that a "fathers" love more often then not is unconditional.I am sure Penny had feelings of loss but She "grew up" and I am sure it was Wyatt who felt the loss and displayed it perhaps in a way Penny found hard to understand.He simply wanted a "better" boyfriend for her and his "standards" are probably are the cause of Her poor choices in the past.She rebelled and was her way of showing it too him.

I think no matter what there will always be a Leonard and Penny relationship.As to what level thats not for me too say but She asked him to lie as a friend was it ok perhaps not but my opinion is based on the fact I have a daughter just a year younger than Penny and I saw alot of both sides in this episode it has been one of the few that I could actually relate too but once again just a humble opinion.

My daughter is six and it scares me to death to think of when she starts dating. There are so many jerks out there. Penny's father sees that Leonard is a good and smart guy. He wants her to be happy and safe.

before I get replies saying that I am wrong and that leonard is a jerk, I will acknowledge that there are people on the forum that think he is a jerk, but that is just not my opinion.

Leonard isn't a jerk but he has acted like one at times, it's doesn't make him one.

What was with Leonard acting like a douche, then asking penny how they got back together asking her if she apologized, apologized for what that she didn't say I love you back when she wasn't and him acting clingy afterwards but instead of stringing him along broke up with him like most couples would

That was probably the first time in his life he ever had power over a woman. He was enjoying the hell out of it. =)

Well penny's dad told Leonard to call him Wyatt, no mention of being mr.Wyatt, so i'm going to assume that's not her last name, I'm surprised that they didn't reveal then that would've been the perfect time to do it

Yeah, the "call me" part is weird. If your name is Steve, you don't introduce yourself to people and say "Hi, call me Steve." You just say, "Hi, I'm Steve." You'd only say "call me" if it is a nickname or some derivitave of your real name.

For my comment about Penny's dad having low standards is reference to not having grandkids raised in a trailer that's low standards.

Sydnc I agree I go my middle name and either Wyatt is a nickname or a middle.

"The Boyfriend Complexity" - Penny asks Leonard to lie to her father, while Howard, Raj and Bernadette pull an all-nighter at a telescope, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 18 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Keith Carradine ("Damages," "Dexter") guest stars as Penny's dad.

Episode Guide | Wiki

I wonder how many times they shot the scene where Sheldon throws all the papers in the air and 1 lands on his face because we see on the outtakes that he and Leonard start laughing and having to reshoot something like that and clear up all the papers must be time consuming!

@rachygd: it looks like they edited/reshot around the frame(s) during the close up of Jim with the paper on his shoulder.

One of those one in a million money shots. Great scene.

"The Boyfriend Complexity" - Penny asks Leonard to lie to her father, while Howard, Raj and Bernadette pull an all-nighter at a telescope, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 18 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Keith Carradine ("Damages," "Dexter") guest stars as Penny's dad.

Episode Guide | Wiki

I wonder how many times they shot the scene where Sheldon throws all the papers in the air and 1 lands on his face because we see on the outtakes that he and Leonard start laughing and having to reshoot something like that and clear up all the papers must be time consuming!

You can read all about it here:

http://www.fanforum.com/51838931-post184.html

Short version is they combined some takes to get the complete scene.

That paper on his shoulder was hilarious. :)

Thanks for the link! I hadn't read the older taping reports, liked to read this one.

Episode Guide | Wiki

That link you have given is it just for Big bang or other stuff as well? Cant find any big bang stuff on it!

You can read all about it here:

http://www.fanforum.com/51838931-post184.html

Short version is they combined some takes to get the complete scene.

That's actually from the Spoilers board on fan forum, so it ha threads for all shows. There is a separate board for TBBT.