The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Futurama

It is my favourite TV show just now. I can't enough of Bender's kleptomania :D Anyone else a fan?

Mildly. I prefer The Simpsons really, I've got Season 1 on DVD somewhere - might try find it. :icon_lol:

Guest bman

i love futurama, can't wait for it to come back, and the "movie" to come out. Bender killls stuie anyday lol

The movie will be interesting, not sure it will be The Simpsons Movie good though.

Really? I thought the Simpsons movie was a bit of a disappointment tbh. Only lol part was the spider-pig bit. :D

Really? I thought the Simpsons movie was a bit of a disappointment tbh. Only lol part was the spider-pig bit. :D

I thought there were a few funny moments, "Bye Everybody!", Maggie going through the Quicksand, Schwarzenegger as US president, when Homer tipped the bridge between their house and Flanders so they'd all fall and not leave him behind.

I thought it was very good, maybe not South Park movie good though.

I love the fact that matt made this series, hes a great Drawer and a very very good producer with some mad up-steam ideas. Jamie

It's one of the funniest shows. Too bad fox canceled it, at least we're getting movies now. I'll take whatever I can get.

Futurama kicks ass! I can't wait until the new season starts. FOX shouldn't have cancelled it in the first place, then they said it'll come back but with different actors. They've made a deal with the actors now though so it's all good :)

I very much enjoyed Futurama. It is the only TV series where I have owned the entire DVD collection (four seasons + four movies). I have a feeling that one reason why I liked the Big Bang Theory is because I see a lot of parallel in the relationship between Fry-Leela, and Leonard/Penny. Some of my favourite episodes of Futurama are the ones where Leela would return from a bad date (Zapp Brannigan, the Major's aide, as two examples that immediately come to mind), only to realise that she already has a good man at home, that is, Fry. Of couse there are a lot of other reasons to like Futurama - Bender downloading the iObey virus, the references to quantum physics like BBT (Farnsworth : "You changed the outcome by measuring it!"), the pompous baffoon "25-star general" Zapp Brannigan ("Leela... you are obviously confused and aroused...."), references to classic science-fiction movies (also like the BBT) such as 2001: Space Odyessy. Of the last 4 DVD movies, I thought the first one - where Fry - as the more mature Lars - professed his love for Leela, and they almost married. I am glad they are bringing this back next year!

I find it very over rated. It's a bit of a poor man's Simpsons imo. Every now and then Fry makes me giggle. Ma gets a little boring though when she features.

i liked how in this past season we got to see the past and friendship between Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth & Doctor Zoidberg in the episode "The Tip of the Zoidberg"

i liked how in this past season we got to see the past and friendship between Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth & Doctor Zoidberg in the episode "The Tip of the Zoidberg"

I missed the whole season because of the day the episodes came on

:icon_cry:

now I'm waiting for reruns

I missed the whole season because of the day the episodes came on

:icon_cry:

now I'm waiting for reruns

awww sorry for Wrecking it for ya :( but this may help you

http://www.watch-futurama.net/

I like Futurama, but I gave up on The Simpsons somewhere around season 9. I did like The Simpsons movie though - Spider Pig bit was good.