In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

pennys last name

sheldonista129

leonerd and penny whats gonna happen  

16 members have voted

1. 1. leonerd and penny whats gonna happen

• get back together
    • he will break up with her
    • joyce kim will return the elevator will get fixded and sheldon turns up gay

The post was made back in December 2010, many months before episode 4.23. So at the time, it was strange that the episode was listed on IMDB.

LOL you are right. Suddenly popped up like new.

I wonder if she and Leonard will just eventually get married, and that's when they'll reveal it. Pretty much so she can just say, "Yeah, I'm Mrs. Hofstadter now."

In that scenario they probably wouldn't even reveal that, who would want a surname like hofstader anyways?

I wouldn't mind it.

ShrugDerpy.png

I wonder if she and Leonard will just eventually get married, and that's when they'll reveal it. Pretty much so she can just say, "Yeah, I'm Mrs. Hofstadter now."

In that scenario they probably wouldn't even reveal that, who would want a surname like hofstader anyways?

I wouldn't mind it.

ShrugDerpy.png

Then that's a slap in the face to the fans and to Penny to never give her one, she a main character.

• 5 months later...

there is really only one Surname for Penny we know that she as used the name Penelope for the on line game so it might be safe to say her name is Penelope so it could only be in the best wakey way possible "Penelope Pitstop" now whos with me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Either Penny Smith or Penny Day.

http://names.mongabay.com/data/1000.html

Just a shot in the dark, but Smith is the #1 most common surname in Nebraska.  The surname Day and the first name Penny share the same ranking.

Every time we've heard anything in reference to Penny, it's that she's very average... too normal etc.  Of course, that would mean that ideally her name would be Mary Smith :|  I really don't know a darn thing... but at least it sounds good in my head!

Well I was thinking, since I have not seen some of the previous seasons, that maybe I just missed it?  I do recall at least one episode where Penny's Dad comes to visit and she pretends like they were still dating because they were broken up at that time, and the Dad begs him to not give up on her when he finds out they actually aren't dating.  I just do not recall however, How Leonard refers to her Dad in that episode.  Did he ever say "Mr. (whatever last name) or just call him "Sir" ?  I'm sure someone here can refresh me lol.

At the end Pennys last name will be Hofstadter and everybody`s happy :) and maybe then they`ll reveal her maiden name.

Anyway I was confused too, that Penny said to Dr Beverly Hofstadter that her dad wanted a boy and then her mom could have just said "“Bob, get over it, she’s a girl, move on.”  (that was in Season 2 episode 15) But then in Season 4 when Pennys dad came they called him Whyatt...thats really confusing.

Or Penny is her pseudonym...I don`t know.

At the end Pennys last name will be Hofstadter and everybody`s happy :) and maybe then they`ll reveal her maiden name.

Anyway I was confused too, that Penny said to Dr Beverly Hofstadter that her dad wanted a boy and then her mom could have just said "“Bob, get over it, she’s a girl, move on.”  (that was in Season 2 episode 15) But then in Season 4 when Pennys dad came they called him Whyatt...thats really confusing.

Or Penny is her pseudonym...I don`t know.

pseudonym............ or suggested retail price. :icon_rolleyes:

Yeah that ones been noticed before. Bit of a mistake! Some fans used to get so angry that they weren't revealing Pennys surname. I don't know that they will now. Although it would be something to pull out of bag as a surprise closer to the end of the show. I was hoping it was a famous name but not something the guys would not pick up on because it was from popular culture which we know they are clueless about. Maybe it's Lorre or Prady. :)