How many seasons will they do?

hi everyone! i wonder if anyone know how many seasons that is planned to be recorded? i mean, have they signed a contract to do at least six seasons or something similar to that? :)

Well, Jim, Johnny, and Kaley's contract renegotiation suggests that there will be at least seven seasons.

Deadline Hollywood reported recently that the three principal leads of CBS’s hit comedy “The Big Bang Theoryâ€â€” Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco and Jim Parsons—have completed contract renegotiations and will earn $200,000 per episode for the show’s upcoming fourth season. That number is up from $60,000 per for season 3.

More interestingly, however, is the fact that the new contracts extend past season 4 and cover seasons 5, 6 and 7, too, suggesting that CBS—even after shuffling “Bang†to Thursday nights for season 4—has a great deal of faith in the show’s staying power. The new contracts will pay the three actors $250,000 per episode for season 5, $300,000 for season 6 and $350,000 for season 7. Moreover, each actor will receive a $1 million advance now and then again in season 7, as a share of “Bang’s†syndication profits. - Source

hi everyone! i wonder if anyone know how many seasons that is planned to be recorded? i mean, have they signed a contract to do at least six seasons or something similar to that? :)

Well, Jim, Johnny, and Kaley's contract renegotiation suggests that there will be at least seven seasons.

Deadline Hollywood reported recently that the three principal leads of CBS’s hit comedy “The Big Bang Theoryâ€â€” Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco and Jim Parsons—have completed contract renegotiations and will earn $200,000 per episode for the show’s upcoming fourth season. That number is up from $60,000 per for season 3.

More interestingly, however, is the fact that the new contracts extend past season 4 and cover seasons 5, 6 and 7, too, suggesting that CBS—even after shuffling “Bang†to Thursday nights for season 4—has a great deal of faith in the show’s staying power. The new contracts will pay the three actors $250,000 per episode for season 5, $300,000 for season 6 and $350,000 for season 7. Moreover, each actor will receive a $1 million advance now and then again in season 7, as a share of “Bang’s†syndication profits. - Source

thank you so much for this information! now i can rest when i know there will be at least 3 more seasons. of cource i am hoping for even more seasons :)!

The majority of sitcoms that seem to have lasting power usually run about 10 seasons (with exceptions). So I am predicting 10 seasons for TBBT.

I predict 7-8 seasons. After that, what jokes will they have left? And we can only tolerate Sheldon's refusal to grow or adapt for so long. ;)

The majority of sitcoms that seem to have lasting power usually run about 10 seasons (with exceptions). So I am predicting 10 seasons for TBBT.

I predict 7-8 seasons. After that, what jokes will they have left? And we can only tolerate Sheldon's refusal to grow or adapt for so long. ;)

I also would agree that 7-8 seasons are possible. But since we are already up to season 4 that would mean the show would really need to take a rantings nosedive for the net work to cancel the series and I don't see that happening just yet.

Some people here are complaining about this season saying it isn't living up to the quality of the last few seasons. I disagree and the current ratings prove that out. I really am enjoying this season.

I think the trick with Sheldon will be to make him grow to keep him fresh but also have him retain those characteristics that make him so appealing. That will be a difficult task and hopefully the writers will be up to the challenge.

I also would agree that 7-8 seasons are possible. But since we are already up to season 4 that would mean the show would really need to take a rantings nosedive for the net work to cancel the series and I don't see that happening just yet.

Some people here are complaining about this season saying it isn't living up to the quality of the last few seasons. I disagree and the current ratings prove that out. I really am enjoying this season.

I think the trick with Sheldon will be to make him grow to keep him fresh but also have him retain those characteristics that make him so appealing. That will be a difficult task and hopefully the writers will be up to the challenge.

I agree that their will be 7-8 seasons. 10 may be possible, but I think a little unlikely. Lets hope that something major pops up in the world of physics that will give the writers and directors some new ideas for episodes.

I agree that their will be 7-8 seasons. 10 may be possible, but I think a little unlikely. Lets hope that something major pops up in the world of physics that will give the writers and directors some new ideas for episodes.

7 seasons are guaranteed now, which is a relief for those addicted. :) I agree that Season 4 has been going well so far, better than Season 3, which is a good sign. I hope the writers have enough tricks up their sleeve - and enough depth - to go 10 seasons.

Regarding new things in Physics, the ongoing CERN LHC results (signatures of post-big bang properties of matter, possibly discovering the Higgs, getting closer to verifying string theory) could very well provide new ideas, if they want to go that way.. and I'm sure many of us hope they do.