The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.12 The Bus Pants Utilization (Jan. 6)

"The Bus Pants Utilization" - Leonard's idea for a smartphone app derails his friendship with Sheldon, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 6 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

Loved seeing a Penny/Sheldon scene for once this season. She so babies him. She's the only one who can get him to behave, really. And, in the end, he finally helped her with her app - most likely 'cause Sheldon had been banished again.

While I love seeing the sulking Sheldon, does anyone else feel like the writers are making him even more neurotic this season? I don't expect Sheldon to change - and he has learnt a lot the past few seasons, specifically sarcasm - but sometimes I feel as though Sheldon will take one step forward in one episode and then three steps back in the next.

I will say that instead of being an overbearing dictator with no clue or concern to curb the guys towards his ideas, he did actually try to be pleasant and bribe them. :p

While I love seeing the sulking Sheldon, does anyone else feel like the writers are making him even more neurotic this season?

I personally think that Sheldon started getting how he is now midway through the first season. (Think about the first episode where he goes to donate sperm... unbelievable when you think about it now!)

If there is an increase in his neurosis, then it's only in how overbearing he is I think, ontop of simply being arrogant and anal. The bottom line is that the writers know that Sheldon is the most popular character so they put alot of effort into making everything very Sheldony. It's like Futurama and how Bender is the most popular character there: he starts off as a petty thief and ends up as a genocidal maniac before long. :icon_cheesygrin: Must be an instinct for writers to exaggerate characters that are popular. It could be a good or bad thing.

To me a good anaology would be a painting. You paint something great and then keep tweaking details here, adding details there, then all of sudden it's changed beyond recognition to the original. Or maybe when you have a winning recipe for a dish, but feel that you can't just leave it that way forever, you need to add more ingredients to make it even better. You could of course ruin it that way, however...

Made myself hungry.

I did not particularly like this episode. Although Sheldon is my favourate character I found him far too overbearing and arrogant this episode and it was just not funny.

But that's how he is! ^_^ If Sheldon was actually caring of other's ideas and non-condescending, then he wouldn't be Sheldon anymore! :p

But that's how he is! ^_^ If Sheldon was actually caring of other's ideas and non-condescending, then he wouldn't be Sheldon anymore! :p

I have to agree with sheldonfan2010 somewhat. Sheldon is Sheldon but when the whole episode focuses almost exclusively on his arrogance and condescention just making everyone's lives miserable, it's a bit meh. There have been a few episodes like that. Having said that I liked this episode because it was just the main 5 cast members without any supporting cast such as Amy or Bernadette.

Not looking forward to the next episode as much as it's going to be yet another display of Howard getting jealous and insecure over Bernadette by the looks of the synopsis. Yay, roll on unfunny episode!

As someone said at the beginning of this season, this show is becoming more about dating than geeky stuff. I'd have to add that it's a mixture of dating and showing just how extreme Sheldon can be. Either way the jokes are limited.

I have to agree with sheldonfan2010 somewhat. Sheldon is Sheldon but when the whole episode focuses almost exclusively on his arrogance and condescention just making everyone's lives miserable, it's a bit meh.

This episode and others like it just annoy me and drive me nuts, why can't they just shut him out of it TOTALLY! Don't let him dominate like that!

Episodes like this just make me hate Sheldon, I don't find them funny at all...

I have to agree with sheldonfan2010 somewhat. Sheldon is Sheldon but when the whole episode focuses almost exclusively on his arrogance and condescention just making everyone's lives miserable, it's a bit meh.

This episode and others like it just annoy me and drive me nuts, why can't they just shut him out of it TOTALLY! Don't let him dominate like that!

It does feel like "The Sheldon Show" sometimes :icon_lol:

It does feel like "The Sheldon Show" sometimes :icon_lol:

I don't mind it sometimes focusing on Sheldon, sometimes it can be funny, but not when he's an overbearing pain in the ass.

I liked it. This wasn't a great episode, more of a post-holiday filler, but it had a nice touch of old-school TBBT (the geeky equation-solver, the core group and Penny handling Sheldon). Sheldon was of course being impossible (sorry, I mean improbable), but he always is, in storylines like these, and I like it because it feels familiar. The Amy episodes show a somewhat different side of him, which imo is good in terms of character growth.

One of the better episodes of season 4.

This is what I call a classic Sheldon episode, it had the feel of the first season episode the bat jar conjecture. Sheldon because he is obnoxious and annoying is kicked of the team.

I am not sure where they are going with the whole Raj gay thing but they are obviously building towards something.

I loved penny's line "you have to come and take your Sheldon back"

I am not sure where they are going with the whole Raj gay thing but they are obviously building towards something.

Hopefully, otherwise they are just using it to get cheap laughs.

Hopefully, otherwise they are just using it to get cheap laughs.

Or both. They might be building up for Raj to discover that he has an attraction not Howard but Howard's gf, Bernadette. ;)

Can anyone explain what is so funny about this line?

"Howard: It means that after we play handball I'm showering at home."

I know it should be dirty, but I can't seem to make the connection... :icon_eek:

Also this line:

"Leonard: Then I guess we would let him back on the app team and while we're doing that, you can take an aerial tour of L.A. on your flying pig."

What does this line implying? Do I need to know the context of a flying pig to fully appreciate this joke?

Can anyone explain what is so funny about this line?

"Howard: It means that after we play handball I'm showering at home."

I know it should be dirty, but I can't seem to make the connection... :icon_eek:

Also this line:

"Leonard: Then I guess we would let him back on the app team and while we're doing that, you can take an aerial tour of L.A. on your flying pig."

What does this line implying? Do I need to know the context of a flying pig to fully appreciate this joke?

'Pigs fly' quote means that for Sheldon to be back on the team pigs could fly, which we know it not true. In other words their is no way that the guys would let Sheldon back on the App team.

As to your first quote, I don't remember the context of that statement but I believe that Howard was saying that he would not take a shower where Raj would see him naked.

Not sure why penny would be wearing those type of boots to work, penny's app would be succesful.

I actually thought that too. Wouldn't Sheldon get the last laugh because clearly Penny's app would make more money than the guys' app?

Loved the episode. So sad we didn`t see Sheldon wearing his Bus pants :-( The app idea was cool. And I loved the theremin Sheldon was playing.

Sheldon singing " Deep in the heart of texas" was really entertaining xD I like that song (but I didn`t know the song before)

This was one of my favourite moments of the episode:

Sheldon: Hardly. Consider this unlikely but very plausible scenario. A young woman alone in the big city. Her ridiculous dream of becoming an actress lies shattered about her.

Penny: Hey, wait a minute.

Howard: Well, hang on. Let’s see where he’s going.

Sheldon: Then it hits her. How is she going to survive? I mean, she has no prospects, no marketable skills. And then one day, she meets a group of geniuses and their friend Howard.

Howard: Hey, I…

Penny: Hang on. Let’s see where he’s going.

And the end was funny with Pennys shoe app and the bored Sheldon *lol*

13 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon: And then one day, she meets a group of geniuses and their friend Howard.

Isn't the plural of genius, genii?

And the plural of forum is fora.