The mysoginy in regards to Penny

Bunion

We’ll imo it says a lot about the misogyny in the writing. Charlie Harper in Taahm slept with a hundred woman. Cool and Sauve. Penny sleeps with roughly ten guys. Excuse my French, portrayed as a slut. The episode in s4. Where Shamy analyze her love life says it all. 

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

We’ll imo it says a lot about the misogyny in the writing. Charlie Harper in Taahm slept with a hundred woman. Cool and Sauve. Penny sleeps with roughly ten guys. Excuse my French, portrayed as a slut. The episode in s4. Where Shamy analyze her love life says it all. 

Agreed. The writers made her out to be worse than she was. Oh well,  I won't start on my opinion of the writers. 😊

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah that scene in the restaurant with Amy and Sheldon was just disturbing. If I were Penny I would have thrown the drink at him and walked out letting Sheldon find his own way home.  The writers thought this was funny dialogue but IMO it was a dumb way to get laughs. And in actuality Sheldon's calculations were wrong as Penny was with her ex-boyfriend Kurt for four years before meeting Leonard and Sheldon so she could not have had that many men. But what also disturbed me was that the writers kept this up with Sheldon even after Penny and Leonard were married:  When Sheldon asks Penny for advice when he has to work with Bert saying it was his reputation at stake and she had a "checkered past"  Penny gave it back to him but it went over his head, or when they switched apartments Sheldon says "many men have been in Penny's bed before" I could never understand why Leonard did not stick up for his wife. But again the writers thought this was a good joke.

18 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Yeah that scene in the restaurant with Amy and Sheldon was just disturbing. If I were Penny I would have thrown the drink at him and walked out letting Sheldon find his own way home.  The writers thought this was funny dialogue but IMO it was a dumb way to get laughs. And in actuality Sheldon's calculations were wrong as Penny was with her ex-boyfriend Kurt for four years before meeting Leonard and Sheldon so she could not have had that many men. But what also disturbed me was that the writers kept this up with Sheldon even after Penny and Leonard were married:  When Sheldon asks Penny for advice when he has to work with Bert saying it was his reputation at stake and she had a "checkered past"  Penny gave it back to him but it went over his head, or when they switched apartments Sheldon says "many men have been in Penny's bed before" I could never understand why Leonard did not stick up for his wife. But again the writers thought this was a good joke.

I agree, but I refuse to again state my dislike for the writers and their opinions as to what is funny or not. 

Penny was always promiscuous. But it was interesting when they did that episode when Leonard went out with an older woman, to win a grant for the university. I mean no one bats an eye, when an older man dates a younger woman. But god forbid it’s the other way round. 

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny was always promiscuous. But it was interesting when they did that episode when Leonard went out with an older woman, to win a grant for the university. I mean no one bats an eye, when an older man dates a younger woman. But god forbid it’s the other way round. 

True. 

9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

To be honest Leonard did not want to have any part of intimacy with Mrs. Latham. He caved in to her anyway and Penny did not seem too disturbed by it. Sheldon was the only one who favored it wholeheartedly.

6 hours ago, Mario D. said:

To be honest Leonard did not want to have any part of intimacy with Mrs. Latham. He caved in to her anyway and Penny did not seem too disturbed by it. Sheldon was the only one who favored it wholeheartedly.

I think Leonard was more intrigued at the statement Mrs Latham made in the car. After her statement that she was that good, spurred him into action. 😂

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

The tables were turned a little, but somehow Penny was not too upset as she knew Leonard did not want to do it and it was only one night

I think she was just having fun with him.😂

2 hours ago, crustfate said:

I loathed the slut shaming of Penny  ( funny how the writers were able to forget that Howard was a sleazeball, bordeline creep but never let go of Penny's sexual history for instance.  )

Absolutely agree  The insults and remarks of her promiscuity, especially from Sheldon, continued into her engagement and subsequent marriage to Leonard. Why couldn't they have Leonard tell Sheldon off once in awhile!

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Absolutely agree  The insults and remarks of her promiscuity, especially from Sheldon, continued into her engagement and subsequent marriage to Leonard. Why couldn't they have Leonard tell Sheldon off once in awhile!

The reason Leonard didn't tell Sheldon off was due to Shamy being the writers so called golden couple.