Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.14 The Thespian Catalyst (Feb. 3)

"The Thespian Catalyst" - Sheldon hopes acting lessons from Penny will help him become a better teacher. Meanwhile, Koothrappali fantasizes about his best friend's girlfriend, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 3 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

Sheldon... a teacher? Hmmm... yeah, we already saw how that went... and it was hilarious!

And Raj has a thing for Bernadette? Or is it some new girlfriend from Leonard? Or Amy maybe (Ok, she's a girl, she's a friend, but not a girlfriend! lol)? :p

Nah, I'm guessing Bernadette. They said ''best friend'' after all... it's just, they don't really specify Howard!

Anyway, 'should be interesting! :)

Penny teaching Sheldon is going to be great. I'm sure it will be quite humorous. I somehow think she's going to break him in some way. Hehe. And it's nice to see her return the favour.

Also, a Raj-heavy episode? Yes! About time, really. And I think he and Bernadette would make an adorable couple. Plus, it would really divert from all the hints they've been pulling lately about his (homo)sexuality. Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

Plus' date=' it would really divert from all the hints they've been pulling lately about his (homo)sexuality. Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)[/quote']

There is when they do it just for cheap laughs.

Cmon guys this is the 21st century, homosexuality, latent or not, is not funny anymore. (or it might be in the states, I wouldn't know) Of course if you intend to make Raj "come out" somewhere along the line, it's fine.

Nah, I don't really want him to ''come out''. I think his selected mutism is funnier if he's also more interested to the opposite sex. 'cause, you know, 'cause of that it fails! But if he turns out to be homosexual he can be as charmy as he wants... and that'd just be weird, you know, for him to be a smooth-talker without even being able to speak with women unless he's drunk!

Althought I do find funny that he,s in touch with his ''feminine side''. Twilight, a few episodes ago, and Bridget Jones' Diary in today's episode, to naeme some exemples! :p That just funny to see that side of him, when he's in private! :p

Ok, I'm back in the race as the first to show up a promo!

Take that, WhiteKnight! LOL ^^

As always, spoilers and enjoy! :p

P.S.: If you do watch... prepare for slight weirdness! ;)

Anyone else noticing after Raaj mention what it's like to walk in to the gay bar... he actually talked to Bernadette, without being drunk?!

Except of that one beer he was drinking?

Have I been missing something?

Anyone else noticing after Raaj mention what it's like to walk in to the gay bar... he actually talked to Bernadette, without being drunk?!

Except of that one beer he was drinking?

Have I been missing something?

You just answered your own question there. As we've already seen, Raj only needs to think that he's drunk. (for example when he drank alcohol free beer)

I for one thought it was a boring episode. Ho hum.

Yeah, to be honest, it wasn't one of my favorite. Sad, as I usually enjoy Sheldon and Penny interacting with each other (and, no, I don't think they ''should be together'', just that they're funny together). It started ok, especcially with Penny messing with Sheldon about ''knowledges she has and he doesn't''. :p But the acting lessons weren't that funny.

Raj's daydream, however, were awesome! And the ending ''besides that dance choreography, I'm definitely not gay''! LOL :p I wonder if they'll play out the Raj/Bernadette for a while! Seems sweet IMO!

This was an okay episode. I'm glad Raj got some airtime although his storyline was a little out there. I'm not a fan of musical scenes but Raj and Bernadette were pretty good. The S/P storyline started out good but by the end it was a whiny Sheldon who was over the top and lame. The first acting lesson scene was good. The second acting lesson scene was boring and Sheldon was very annoying. For this to be the first episode that was taped after the christmas and new year break is disappointing. The writers had almost a month and this was the best that they could do?

I enjoyed this episode, except it was too short for the stories they were trying to tell. We never got closure on either storyline. I agree that the Penny-Sheldon acting lesson thing was poor. It reminded me of the equally-insipid episode where Sheldon was trying to teach Penny about physics. Remember the wonderful scene in Dead H00ker when Penny interrupted Sheldon as he wrote on his invisible whiteboard? Or Sheldon's hilarious attempt to dress Penny after she dislocated her shoulder in Adhesive Duck Deficiency? Let's get back to that dynamic, please!

Steve

The Wiki

Since the The Adhesive Duck Deficiency episode in early season 3 all S/P scenes since then IMO have been average overall. There have been a couple of good scenes but nothing great. This season's soft kitty scene at the end of the 2nd episode was lousy and it was totally forced. I read the taping reports of someone who goes to the show when they are filming it and she said that when they did this soft kitty scene the audience hardly reacted to it. Last night's episode with respect to S/P was okay and that's basically how there scenes have been for me this season. Raj's storyline was okay as well. This season so far has had more misses than hits. This episode qualifies as a miss. Okay in my book is not a hit. If I never watch this episode again I would be okay with that.

I'm trying to think actually of a single time in this episode where Leonard or Howard did anything apart from the scene where Leonard is ranting about Syfy and then the dream within it. The Sheldon and Penny bits were crap, I agree; they seem to have turned Sheldon into a cliche spoiled brat who throws tantrums. If I was a part of that group of friends right now, I'd be avoiding Sheldon like the plague. And Leonard actually. And Howard. And Raj, since it doesn't take much for him to start fantasizing about your girlfriend!

I liked the episode.

It was entertaining. And Penny and Sheldon were so funny together with this kinda roleplaying in Pennys apartment :D

Also hilarous was the beginnig with Sheldon in the university :D

That was me Carl. I'm the one who made note of the subdued response to Soft Kity.

The first major Sheldon/Penny story of the year, should make fans of that pairing happy.

If this episode proves anything is that they need to ditch the alcohol thing for Raj so that they can utilize Kunal more. He is such a great comedic actor and this little on running placebo effect gag is really hurting both the character and the show.

I'm a Shenny fan, obviously, but I liked the S/P scene because of the emotional breakthrough for Sheldon. You may not agree with this, and that's fine. I just like how Sheldon went from ridiculing his mother to telling her that he loves her and he doesn't want to go with Spock. Hehe.

I also found myself really liking Amy and Bernadette in this episode (even though Amy's only briefly shown).

The acting lessons were a little slow to start but once sheldon introduced his 1 act play it really picked up. That was hilarious. It was good to see raj getting to camera time.

I enjoyed the show overall as much as any other episode.

I enjoyed it, though the plot was a little scattered and inconclusive.

Being Indian, I'll say the Bollywood dance was hilariously on the mark, it captures the absurdity of such 'musical dream sequences' exactly. And Raj's over-the-top expressions were great. :)

The Shenny scene was more or less expected fare, but I think Jim Parsons did a class act when Sheldon broke down while trying to act the Spock story. That wasn't Sheldon being whiny or annoying at all - on the contrary it was a real carried-away-by-emotion moment for him, when he realized that genius or not, he would rather be in the present with his loved ones. It was a rare uncharacteristic Sheldon moment, and Jim brought to it an interesting mix of comic effect and emotional intensity.

But we never got to know if his teaching revived at all after his 'lessons', too bad. And I wonder if they will follow up on Raj's 'soft spot' for Bernadette.

That was both boring AND embarrassing to watch. IMO the worst episode ever. They need to bring in some new blood as the writers are obviously out of ideas.

If this episode proves anything is that they need to ditch the alcohol thing for Raj so that they can utilize Kunal more. He is such a great comedic actor and this little on running placebo effect gag is really hurting both the character and the show.

Yeah I agree. The whole thing about only being able to speak to women unless drunk has always been a bit rediculous to me. It wouldn't be too bad if done sparringly but there have been scenes where a woman has unexpectedly come into the room, leading Raj to go take a quick sip of alcohol (or even eat a piece of rum cake) and then be suddenly cured. That just seems really cringe-worthy to me and not funny at all. Raj to me can't be taken seriously anymore, he's just a target for unfunny, cheap laughs and sometimes questionable jokes about him being Indian.

And I wonder if they will follow up on Raj's 'soft spot' for Bernadette.

I hope not, that will just turn him into a douche. Going after your friend's girlfriend/boyfriend is unforgivable. Remember, this is Howard we're talking about; roll on insane jealousy. Remember how he acted when Leonard offered to show Bernie his experiment? Imagine Raj actively trying to woo her... I just can't imagine any storyline about this being funny or interesting at all, merely a waste of time and very likely painful to watch.

That was both boring AND embarrassing to watch. IMO the worst episode ever. They need to bring in some new blood as the writers are obviously out of ideas.

Yeah agreed; quite possibly the worst episode ever, definately the worst that I can think of right now. There are plenty of things they could do the show about, but they seem to persist in dealing with cliche, boring and rediculous events. I'm really getting sick of Sheldon now, he's been extremely irritating this season. Some liked his emotional outburst but to me it just looked really forced.

I enjoyed the episode, but it hurts to see Raj having day-dream about Bernadette. I hope it was just for this episode. Otherwise, things will be too complicated for Raj and Howard. That could be an interesting content for the show but still I wouldn't want to see it.

I enjoyed the episode, but it hurts to see Raj having day-dream about Bernadette. I hope it was just for this episode. Otherwise, things will be too complicated for Raj and Howard. That could be an interesting content for the show but still I wouldn't want to see it.

I assume they just did it to show that Raj is 'definitely not gay'. I doubt it will go further than that. But then who knows with the direction this show is taking lately - with all the relationships and such.

And I wonder if they will follow up on Raj's 'soft spot' for Bernadette.

I hope not, that will just turn him into a douche. Going after your friend's girlfriend/boyfriend is unforgivable. Remember, this is Howard we're talking about; roll on insane jealousy. Remember how he acted when Leonard offered to show Bernie his experiment? Imagine Raj actively trying to woo her... I just can't imagine any storyline about this being funny or interesting at all, merely a waste of time and very likely painful to watch.

I agree to that. This is best kept as a one-time fantasy thing.