The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.14 The Thespian Catalyst (Feb. 3)

And I wonder if they will follow up on Raj's 'soft spot' for Bernadette.

I hope not, that will just turn him into a douche. Going after your friend's girlfriend/boyfriend is unforgivable. Remember, this is Howard we're talking about; roll on insane jealousy. Remember how he acted when Leonard offered to show Bernie his experiment? Imagine Raj actively trying to woo her... I just can't imagine any storyline about this being funny or interesting at all, merely a waste of time and very likely painful to watch.

I agree to that. This is best kept as a one-time fantasy thing.

Hopefully! I can see this topic being re-visited sometime in the future though ><

I didn't think the epsisode was that bad. It was certainly better than desperate emanation, zazzy substitution and the apology insufficiency. They were truely baaaaaaaad.

If if they had started the series off with episodes like those I probably would not have become a fan of Big Bang.

I did like the fact that Penny was able to make Sheldon have a mini breakdown using simple star trek role play. "I think I broke your son"

I'll chime in to say that for this was the most forgettable episode yet. I won't watch it again. Someone was spot on in a previous post when he/she characterized it as embarrassing.

If I hadn't become such a big fan since the first season I'd probably be indifferent to the show this far into the fourth season.

This was one of my favorite episodes...

I must have watches the Penny & Sheldon parts more than 20 times.. My friends & I kind of learned the dialogue by heart and now just keep repeating the lines in (in)appropriate circumstances.

:icon_cheesygrin:

I must have watched the Penny & Sheldon parts more than 20 times.. My friends & I kind of learned the dialogue by heart and now just keep repeating the lines in (in)appropriate circumstances.

Could tell that from your name. :)

I loved that part too.. Jim Parsons was terrific, and the fan-fic dialogues were so presumptuous and tongue-in-cheek. My favorite was Sheldon bursting into tears saying 'be sure to pack clean underwear'. :D

I must have watched the Penny & Sheldon parts more than 20 times.. My friends & I kind of learned the dialogue by heart and now just keep repeating the lines in (in)appropriate circumstances.

Could tell that from your name. :)

I loved that part too.. Jim Parsons was terrific, and the fan-fic dialogues were so presumptuous and tongue-in-cheek. My favorite was Sheldon bursting into tears saying 'be sure to pack clean underwear'. :D

That part was so cool :icon_cheesygrin:

And "George, put down that pepsi can full of bourbon that ain't foolin' no one and get your shotgun!" :icon_biggrin::icon_mrgreen:

Made me think.. If I wanna be a real fangirl, I'd better update my pepsi can content.

That part was so cool :icon_cheesygrin:

And "George, put down that pepsi can full of bourbon that ain't foolin' no one and get your shotgun!" :icon_biggrin::icon_mrgreen:

Made me think.. If I wanna be a real fangirl, I'd better update my pepsi can content.

Lol.

I had to go back and see it again, after being reminded. 'But then again, I'm a religious nut..' was priceless too. Love how he assumes that his mother agrees with the statement. :)

What's IMO? Loved the s/p scenes especially when she thinks she broke him if Mary doesn't think he's crazy now nothing will even if she did have him tested, since when is Galveston in east texas do these writers need a map I'll be happy to send them one?

The last scene should've been Sheldon teaching a class at the end to see if penny's teaching helped him I have a feeling it didn't since she broke him and sheldon's stuck in his ways

Galveston Texas is in the gulf that's not east Texas there's a section that's scrticly east Texas people know where you're talking about, Galveston is near Houston I've never heard anyone say Houston is east Texas

Watched this yesterday and never realised before but Penny was drinking from that wine bottle at 9am. Ewww.

Sheldon tells Penny that her becoming a teacher is the "signal that one's carreer had reached the end of the road". But he is asking for her help so that he can become a better teacher.

Selz how do you know it's 9 am and what's so eww about it.

I known sydnc doesn't make sense.

Well, 9am is when Penny told Sheldon to come for his lesson. Also, I don't actually know if she drinks from it or just uses it as a prop. As for the eww, because clearly it's breakfast time and that means mimosas or bloody mary's.

I'm pretty sure Penny said or meant 9pm for one Sheldon would be at work then and two she has a don't knock before 11am rule.

I'm pretty sure Penny said or meant 9pm for one Sheldon would be at work then and two she has a don't knock before 11am rule.

sorry to burst the bubble... from the BBT transcripts site:

Penny: Saturday, nine a.m. Bring cash.

She specifically said, "Saturday, 9 am, bring cash." So that resolves the work issue.

EDIT: Darn, ninja'ed by netmouse.

totally off topic: when i first started playing WoW i looted everything that dropped. One of my team members called me a "ninja". Not knowing what it meant, I replied "No... I'm playing a warrior class, not a ninja" Needless to say I was quickly booted from the party ><

She specifically said, "Saturday, 9 am, bring cash." So that resolves the work issue.

no I wasn't

Well, 9am is when Penny told Sheldon to come for his lesson. Also, I don't actually know if she drinks from it or just uses it as a prop. As for the eww, because clearly it's breakfast time and that means mimosas or bloody mary's.

Well since she's teaching Sheldon she probably feels like she needs something to get her threw it.

no I wasn't

The ninja comment wasn't referring to you, being "ninja'ed" means that someone else posted just slightly before you were able to post yours, and usually the posts say the exact same thing. In this case, netmouse ninja'ed me.

@netmouse: Interesting, I didn't know that's how the term is used in MMO games. I always thought it was another term, although I can't think of what it is at the moment.

Just saw this episode and my oh my, what a wonderful 21 mins!!! Raj's daydreams... and the dance number and the end was awesome lol. I'm with Leonard, I will never get over the name change for 'Syi Fy', 'Sci Fi' makes much more sense!! Sheldon's Star Trek fanfic acting lesson... lmao. Sheldon's southern accent! 'Please Mommy, don't let Mr. Spoke take me to the future!' Penny- 'Mrs. Cooper, I think I broke your son.' This could be a fav of the season, have to finish it to find out!

Edited by SoftKitty25